Saturday, May 7, 2011

my motivation to study leadership


there were a few things that motivated me to study leadership when I got to college. I came into college as a student-athlete and knew that if I wanted to be a captain in the future, I would need to be an excellent leader. As I started taking the classes I realized that these classes would help me reach that goal. Along with knowing that I needed to be a leader, I came into college with already very strong leadership qualities. Ever since I can remember I have always enjoyed being the leader of the group. From middle school to high school I always always volunteering to lead and other students were constantly looking up to me to be a leader as well. Although I thought I was doing a good job (which I was doing a decent job) I knew there was improvement for me. So building on top of my born with leadership characteristics, these classes helped make me into a more complete leader. And finally, I was also motivated to study leadership because, as mentioned before, I hope to be a middle or elementary school teacher. I know that there is going to be a great need for leadership qualities in this profession. The more I can learn through college before I start my profession the better! 



No comments:

Post a Comment